Week 6 –30 interesting facts about yourself
I started this week’s topic a while back, because 30 things are an aweful lot and I normally don’t think so much about myself 😉 So I don’t know if you’ll even find these facts interesting…
- I’m both handed. My right hand is my stronger hand, but for some things I prefer to use my left hand, e.g. I hold knife and fork the other way round.
- I know how to mirror write and if I write something you’ll never guess it was mirror written (except the fact that you’ll have to use a mirror to read it.
- I’m fluent in 4 languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian) plus my mother tongue and I know a bit Norwegian, Danish and Chinese. I also had Latin in school and can read most inscriptures in churches…
- I don’t follow trends. Honestly, I’m a fashion catastrophe. I don’t care whether something is in or out. I’ll wear things as long as I like them.
- In school people thought I was doing a lot of sports, because I was so skinny, though I was the laziest couch potato at that time.
- I can eat whatever I want and I will eat every 2-3 hours during the day and not gain a pound.
- I got my first computer game at 2 and I’ve been hooked with technology ever since. Well, the game was not really a game, but a screen saver that had a bee flying around the screen. I would sit there for hours watching the bee fly.
- I love cooking, but I hate cleaning up afterwards.
- I hate baking on the other hand.
- I’ve been a vegetarian from day 1 of my life. Yes, even as a baby I would refuse to eat anything that had meat in it. Later on, I’d always request cheese when the shop assistant offered a piece of sausage.
- I’ve had the same favorite colors all my life: blue, pink and violet.
- I change my hair style every 2-3 years. I will let my hair grow shoulder length and then crop it to only 2-3 inches length. It drives everybody crazy.
- When I was 14 I wanted to get blue hair. My mom wouldn’t allow it threatening to sell the concert tickets for Britney Spears. It worked 😉
- I’ve been wearing the same jewellery since I was 12: the ring I got from my parents for my firmation.
- I love blogging and writing codes. I also mess with my computer system making it do all kinds of things.
- I’m 5 ft. 4, but people always thinks I’m way taller, because of my long legs.
- I started snowboarding at 24 and everybody thought I’d drop out of the course after an hour. But I LOVE it!
- I feel more comfortable using the English language. It feels more like my mother tongue than German does.
- This was already the case when I was in High School. I got only A’s in English, but almost failed in my German classes.
- I’m still contemplating raising my future children bilingual, i.e. German and English.
- I’m the worst painter in the world.
- People think I’m pretty organized, but I’m absolutely chaotic.
- I’ve got the oldest cell phone in the world. It doens’t even have a camera that works.
- Though I generally hate anything Apple-related I think about getting the iPhone. Not yet sure, though.
- It was really hard to come up with 25 facts about me… Strange, I never think about things like these 😉
Any fun facts you’d like to share?