Hello to a new week. It’s already Tuesday! Here are today’s questions and don’t forget to head over to Chelsea and join the fun!
- How did your parents decide on your name?
I honestly don’t really know. I asked my mom once (a long time ago) and if I remember right (which is NOT very probable) they chose my name, because they liked it. It was pretty common in Germany during that time .
- Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
No. A H L doesn’t make up much…
- Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
Uhm. I’ve got a second Christian name, so to say I’ve got 2 first names, but I’m using the second name only using for official stuff. If I get married one day I plan to keep my maiden name. I’m still contemplating whether I’ll take it as middle name and also get my boyfriend’s name, which would make many things easier or if I’ll just stick with my name… Nothing decided yet.
- Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Uhm. No. We were talking about baby names and found some that we really liked, but they were nothing themed… But later while looking at the names we realised that they’re pretty classical names with Roman or Greek origin.
- Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Yes and no. I’d give any new doll that I got the baby name I currently liked. I don’t like them any longer, but they’re nice memories, because normally they had something to do with women/men I admired.
- Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Not really. My grandma would have preferred my brother to be named like my dad, but my mom thought this was very impractical. However part of my family owns farms and it’s been tradition in Germany that the one to inherit the farm is named after the father. So they do have the names that are passed down.
- Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
First I just look at the name itself, but I’ll later look at the meaning.
- Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
My current dog is named “Chica”, that’s Spanish for “girl” (as she is a girl). Generally I prefer to give pet pet names. For future dogs I’m planning on “Keks” (cookie in German) and “Krumel” (crumb in German)
- Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
I have an affinity for my boyfriend’s name. I declared when I was around 10 that one day I’d get married to a guy with that name and I really will (I guess so).
- What are some of your favorite names? Why?
At the moment I’m having a Swedish issue and I really like Lars, Lasse, Lina, Britta, Greta. I don’t think any of these names will be my kids, but I like them at the moment.