It’s Tuesday again. So without further ado, here are these week’s questions:
- Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I’m not sure. Perhaps one of my dolls. I can’t remember if I always had it with me, but I remember that I freaked out when it had to be repaired and I had to live without it for a week.
- Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
Probably my lip balm. I get dry lips pretty fast, so I always check if I have my balm with me, before I leave the house. I wouldn’t go as far as loosing my sanity, but if I’m gone for the day and I left the lip balm at home I’ll head into the next store and buy another. So, you can imagine how many I have at home 😉
- Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
Somewhere outside where I can hear the birds singing or the wind rustling in the leaves…
- What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
He’s 100% reliable and good-natured. He won’t loose his temper, even if I’m really grumpy. He’ll just try to cheer me up. And if I need him, he’ll be there.
I remember some time ago, I had planned to spend some days with him at his parents house. Due to a tight time-table I had to head first to university and then straight for the train, so I took my bags with me to university to lock it up. When I went to retrieve them the building had been locked. I was desperate. I’s had a long day and just wanted to get “home”. I called him and he jumped into the car immediately to get to me. I think he broke more than one speed restriction, just because he’d heard how bad I was… (I did find someone on the campus to unlock the doors and to get my bag while I was waitin. Just in case you were wondering.)
- What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
The interaction with the people. I’m a test supervisor for TOEFL Tests, German Goethe Tests and Immigration Tests. And I love meeting the people from different countries and learning about their story. Sometimes there are real tragedies and some stories are just unbelievable…
- What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
I can’t remember.
- What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
There’s a song by a German vocal band called “Girl smile, just smile for me once”. It’s the one song that makes me smile.
- What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
That’s a tricky question in Germany. You probably all know our dark history. So we’re generally not raised being “proud” of our country. I find that sad, because I think there are many things we can be thankful, if not proud, for. For example, I love the diversity here in Germany. I think the transition since WW2 from being individual countries to the European Union with a single currency is incredible, just to name a few.
- What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Spätzle. It’s a local meal that you’ll only get here. It was and still is my favorite meal. I posted a recipe some time ago, which you can find here.
- Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you
My support and encouragement for my family and friends and probably my optimism.