This is one of my all time favorite recipes: Pasta with Gorgonzola, it’s not only quick, it also tastes heavenly. I could eat it every day, but caution, it’s also one of those stick-to-your-ribs dishes…
For 4 persons you’ll need:
- 400 g of pasta – either Spaghetti or any other. I prefer whole grain pasta, but that also depends on what you like best
- about 250 g of ripe Gorgonzola cheese – you can also use any other kind of blue mold cheese, but Gorgonzola is the best
- about 250 ml cream or milk – the low fat version is with milk, or you can also use any low fat cream. The original recipe is with cream
- one medium sized onion
Steps to follow:
1. Cut the onion into small dice, heat a casserole with oil and add the onions
2. Heat water in a second pot for the pasta, when the water is boiling, add the pasta, cook according to the time indicated on the packing
3. Cut the cheese into small dice to make the melting afterwards easier
4. Add the cream or milk and then the cheese and reduce to low heat. Watch the cheese melting slowly
5. Season according to your liking, but be careful the cheese is really tasty and quite salty on its own, so don’t overseason the sauce!
6. When the pasta’s ready get it off the oven. Put it onto a nice plate (mine wasn’t so nice hence no close-up ;-)) and put the sauce on top. Enjoy!