It’s Tuesday again folks… Here are the questions:
- If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
Uhm, tough question. I suppose I’d take my dream job, even if it paid poorly, because I want to love what I do for a living.
- What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
Though we don’t celebrate July 4 here in Germany I’ve always liked the way it is celebrated in the US. I think it’s a great thing to celebrate one’s country that way. In Germany, our national holiday is October 3 (because of the unification of Germany in 1990), but we don’t really celebrate this day. There will be some official celebration in our capital Berlin, but this will only be attended by politicians. However, after what I’ve seen of July 4 I’m thinking of having something for October 3 with my family and friends.
- What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
I don’t know if it’s a random fact, but I always wondered what would have happened if the citizens of America had chosen German as their countries national language. As far as I remember from school it was a close decision between English and German.
- What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
We have huge fireworks here for New Year. One year we went out of the village onto some sort of viewing platform and watched the fireworks in our area. That was pretty impressive.
- Who taught you how to put on makeup?
My mom doesn’t wear lots of makeup and neither do I. I put some on on special occasions, but else I go makeup-free. I think, I learned it mainly from magazines and I went to a course once, about healthly skin and healthy makeup.
- Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
Not anything professional, but prior to our decision of moving into an apartment together, my boyfriend and I did some wrap-up of our financial situation and what we’d be able to pay.
- What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
I can’t remember a favorite outfit. When I was around three I used to wear only dresses, but I can’t remember any favorites.
- Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
I LOVE swimming. There’s nothing better in summer to cool down. However, I prefer the clear water of a swimming pool ;-). And I prefer beach to lake, however only if they are “fish-free”. I’m afraid of fish…
- Do you recycle? If not, why?
Ha. I’m German, we’re the Masters of recycling, we basically invented it ;-). We recycle EVERYTHING: Plastic, tin cans, carton, paper, organics, plastic bottles and glass bottles, glass in general, batteries,.. the list is endless 😉
- What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
Team Jacob! Does that say enough?! 😉 I can’t wait for the movie coming into theatres next week. Yes, German translation sucks…
So, these were my answers. Want to come along? Head over to Chelsea from R&R and link yourself up!