Heihei out there and welcome to another week of Ten on Tuesday hosted by Chelsea over at R&R. Here are these week’s questions and my answers…
- What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan)
Reading the Twilight series I began to research a bit into the Washington state area where the books playing and I’d love to travel there one day, because I suppose the scenery is incredible there.
And then there’s the South of England where all the Jane Austen novels are playing. I was there some years ago, before I had heard anything about Jane Austen,but now that I’ve read the books I’d love to revisit the area again.
- Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?
I read this funny book some time ago called “Me and Mr. Darcy“. This was really funny and when I read this question I immediately thought of Mr. Darcy. But aside from this I’d like to “travel” with a person who lives in the area that I’m visiting. Just for the chance to see so much more than the tourist places…
- Where would said dream trip be to?
Uhm, perhaps to the South of England.
- If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
That’s an easy one. If you’re going to see my hometown make sure to see a show at the Augsburger Puppenkiste, then I’d recommend going up the Perlach Tower, because you get a wonderful view of the city and if you’re lucky and the weather is nice, you’ll get to see the Alps. Third, I’d take a walk through the city and have a nice cup of coffee in one of the outdoor cafes, because we’er really outdoorsie in my hometown and you’ll get to see a spectacle almost as good as at the Puppenkiste…
- If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains?
At the moment, I’d still head to the mountains for a round of snowboarding, but let summer come and you’ll find me somewhere in the countryside taking a nice sunbath…
- Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
In Europe to travel around (even between the countries) you only need a National ID. So, as I’ve never been across European borders I only have my National ID and no passport. However, lately I’ve been thinking about getting one, just so I have it if I need it.
- Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
I buy a postcard everywhere I go and I love to get postcards from all over the world. Aside from that I always look for something special that represents the city or country where I’m staying. E.g. if I travel to Italy, I’ll buy loads of crackers and wine.
- If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
Oh, well, my favorite color is blue. All shades of blue, but I especially like light blue, like the door. So that’d be the color I’d choose and then name it “Summer Breeze”
- If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)
I’d go to Barcelona. Because, for one I haven’t been there despite my numerous visits to Spain. And, second, I can’t think of many other cities that have such diversity in style, food, culture… And I haven’t been in Spain for a while and I really miss the country… (Though everybody living in or near Barcelona will strongly disagree with me that Barcelona is Spain ;-))
- Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?
I’ve got a body lotion that strongly reminds me of summer. That’s so, because my skin is pretty sensitive and I’ve got to use a lot of lotion in summer not to “dry out”. So I use and abundance of lotion and then whenever I smell the lotion throughout the year, it reminds me of summer.
Did you like my answer? I’m curious about yours. Head over to R&R and link yourself up…