Today it’s two weeks that the student protests started in Germany. Time for a recapitulation:
- about 90 of Germany’s 118 universities are occupied at the moment, the map below shows all occupied universities in Europe
- comprehensive lists with demands have been formulated and delivered for discussion to the secretaries of education of the individual Länder
- while some occupations were finished by police more and more students are joining the protest nationwide
- students are also now co-operating nationally and internationally to join forces and enforce the public pressure
- today the German Federal President Horst Köhler strengthend the students demand for better education stating that out of 100 children with parents who hold an academic grade 83 begin a study themselves, while it’s only 23 children out of a non-academic family
- plans are now to prolongue the protests throughout the Christmas Season
Keep yourself updated at www.unsereunis.de and, of course, here at Deiala.