This is a Spanish recipe for 4 – 6 persons. I prepared this dish with my brother who is very critical about food. He loved it and didn’t eat anything else for a whole week ;-).
- 6 chicken breast filets
- 6 – 12 slices of ham
- 60 g butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 TS flour
- 375 ml broth (either chicken or vegetable)
- 250 ml white wine
- 3 TS pine nuts
- Cut the filets into 2 halves, lay 1 or 2 slices of ham between the two halves and put them together again with the toothpicks. Put them into the fridge while you continue with the other steps.
- Heat the butter in a jar. Meanwhile grate the onion and carrot into small pieces and add them to the butter. Stew for about 4 min. at gentle heat.
- Add the flour, the broth and the white wine. Boil for another 3 – 4 min. at medium heat until the sauce becomes a bit pudgy.
- Put the filets from the fridge into a casserole, pour the sauce over the filets and bake for 20 – 30 min. at 180°. I would reccomend baking the filets 30 min. rather than 20 to ensure that they are thorough.
- Remove from the oven and remove the toothpicks before serving. Decorate with the pine pucks.
To go with the filets:
potatoes/french fries, rice, pasta